How do I make a New Jersey Workers' Compensation Claim ?

The most important thing to do immediately is to Notify Your Employer.  Notice must be given as soon as practicable but not later than 90 Days after the accident.  Notice may be given to a supervisor, Personnel Department or anyone authorized to accept notice.  The notice need not be in writing however the employee should make a note in writing as to the date the accident was reported and to the name of the person to whom notice was given.


If an injured employee requires medical treatment the worker must request that the Employer provide treatment.  If treatment is denied the worker should seek an attorney immediately to institute legal action to compel the treatment.  A formal Motion must be made in Workers' Compensation Court to obtain denied Medical Treatment or Wage Benefits.


If a worker is injured a Formal Claim Petition to receive Permanency Benefits must be filed within two years from the date of the accident.


Call us now for a free initial consultation to discuss your Workers' Compensation Claim. 


Phone us at (973) 921-2860

Contact Us



Law Office of

Steven P. Lombardi

318 Main Street

Suite 101 B

Millburn, NJ 07041











Use our Contact Form





Atlantic Highlands NJ 07716


Appointments on scheduling